Cleaning Directions for Front Load Washing Machines
Following these simple non-toxic and eco-friendly directions will help you maintain a clean washer and prevent lingering odors from entering your clothes.
- 1. Fill the washer's detergent reservoir with 2 cups of white distilled vinegar.
- 2. Set the washer for hot water and run it through a complete washing cycle, with the washer completely empty of clothes or other fabric contents.
3. Wash the door's interior, seal, and gasket with a small cleaning towel soaked with a 50/50 mixture of white distilled vinegar and warm water.
4. Rinse the door's interior, seal, and gasket with a second small towel soaked with clean water. This should remove any traces of vinegar and prevent deterioration of the seal and gasket.
5. Run the washer on the hot cycle a second time,making sure it is completely empty of clothes or other fabric contents.
6. Air out the washer with its door open for at least an hour.
Washing Machine Maintenance
Clothes Dryer Maintenance
Range & Oven Maintenance
Front Load Washing Machines